Winning Ways - Twin Stars Sparks


Back in the day when my children were small, I read loads of children’s books, and had been known to be so engrossed I would unintentionally stop reading aloud, to go into the top gear of reading silently.  But last Sunday I settled into a sunny spot on the deck, and read Twin Stars, Volume 1 of Charlotte Clutterbuck’s first novel for pre-teens.  Charlotte is a fine poet and friend, so off we set.  Two cups of tea and a half a chocolate slice later, I let out a long sigh of satisfaction . Twin Stars is a terrific read, the characters are complex and engaging, the plot rips along, the social mores are resonant and relevant, the detail is wonderful and of course there is more coming.  If Volume 2 was out already I would have bought it straight away.  Twin Stars reminded me of the joy of reading children’s books, and this one is a gem. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION