Making Other Arrangements - the lovely transparencies of Icecream dishes


Fossicking through my picture folders this photo, naturally one of a series, made me wonder what the difference was between an assemblage that might be 'art' and a flower arrangement. And more curiously why did I make this, though I recall vividly my enthusiasm for the gelati dishes, which to the embarrassment of my children I asked the cafe staff at Zambrero, an excllent cafe on Rundle Street, Adelaide, could have one of each as I was an artist. This felt nearly exactly like telling the truth. Having to collect things for the vague process of assembling something odd, which you make up as you go along, is strange in itself. The coloured shadows and the shape of that single leaf seem ineffably lovely.  The dried violets, in case you're wondering where left from a scan collage.

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION